Fort Lewis College Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization that exists to support Fort Lewis College. The Foundation began in 1969 with a gift from Mrs. T. Chase McPherson. To date, the foundation has provided thousands of student scholarships and other funds for the academic and cultural enrichment of the campus and its students.
Enriching educational and cultural opportunities at Fort Lewis College by encouraging and stewarding gifts for scholarships, programs and facilities – wise investments in the leaders of tomorrow.
Their Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good.
It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Warning: require_once(/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/boefoundation/html/wp-content/plugins/custom-content-type-manager/filters/do_shortcode.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/boefound/boefoundation.org-BOEFOUNDATION_2010-05-11_4/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/custom-content-type-manager/includes/CCTM.php on line 2028
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/boefoundation/html/wp-content/plugins/custom-content-type-manager/filters/do_shortcode.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/boefound/boefoundation.org-BOEFOUNDATION_2010-05-11_4/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/custom-content-type-manager/includes/CCTM.php on line 2028