"It is important that an aim never be defined in terms of activity or method. It must always relate directly to how life is better for everyone"
Dr. W. Edwards Deming
At the central and innermost framework of the Boedecker Foundation’s endowments are partnerships and enduring relationships with organizations that have committed extensive resources to improve environmental circumstances, provide access to healthcare programs, and create opportunities for the children, families and communities they serve.
The Boedecker Foundation provides funding associated with general operating expenditures, direct project costs, capital improvement campaigns and program initiatives within its grant-making areas of interest:
- Youth Development
- Family & Community Development
- Health & Wellness
The Boedecker Foundation does not accept unsolicited grant proposals or requests. The Foundation only provides grants to organizations defined as a public charity and as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation avoids supporting the following: religious organizations, unless they are engaged in a significant project that benefits a broad base of the community, organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, gender, or national origin, candidates for public office, and lobbying, legislative or political activities.
- Sustainability – building a lasting foundation
- Accountability – responsible for one’s actions
- Integrity – be true to what is proper
- Relationship-based – strength in numbers
- Responsive to emerging community needs – responding especially readily and sympathetically to appeals, efforts, and causes
- Social Entrepreneurialism – innovative solutions to society’s pressing social problems
Our Guiding Principles:
- Responsibility: We never should forget the difference one person, one day, one dollar can make.
- Awareness: As an organization, we understand the critical issues individuals and communities face.
- Empowerment: We believe in providing boundless opportunities for individuals and communities to reach their greatest potential.
- Resolve: As an organization we believe in the courage to embrace risk and change as a way of life and business.
- Collaboration: We believe in the integration of information professionally and personally. By sharing those resources, we will produce positive outcomes throughout the world.
- World View: We believe in a global society. The world is larger than what we see in our direct surroundings.
- Compassion: Everyone needs a chance to believe in hope.
- Loyalty: As an organization, we believe in the faithfulness and committed obligations to our initiatives and partnerships.